Monday, November 26, 2012

Necklaces/Halsketten & Earrings/Ohrringe

About 8 years ago I took a soldering course in stained glass work with some costuming colleges from the film industry in Vancouver.  We had all thought it would be interesting to develop another skill for our trade.  I was interested because I wanted to try to make sweet, little, double-sided, glass pendants.  After the class I purchased about $150 worth of equipment and supplies in order to conduct some soldering experiments.  It took me while to figure out the best temperature and technique to get the silver solder to go on smoothly, but once I had, and was starting to have a lot of fun!

Here are some samples of necklaces that I have sold in the past.  All containing my own photography as well from BLITZ & shadow.  The little knot in the ribbon has been removed and a small silver crimping bead has replaced it for a sleeker, professional finish.







As well as necklace pendants in this 1" x 2.25" format, (which I have currently stopped producing) I make a smaller version for earrings as well as necklaces in a 1" x 1.5" format.

Here are some samples of those, also displaying the crimping bead:







I have also found a way to use these pendants in a way that men can enjoy too (besides admiring them on their partner's décolletage.  ;)  But I will start a new post for these next.

<3
VV

No comments:

Post a Comment